Monday, February 25, 2013

Monster High

I recently had a birthday party for my beautiful 7 year old.

She wanted a Monster High theme.  So, off to create I went.

I was going to make a fondant overlay of Draculaura, but that didn't turn out quite so well.  My fondant was old, and when I tried to put in color and roll it out all the fondant did was get crumbly.


So, I ended up just doing skullette on the cake.  The cake was all buttercream.  I smoothed out my icing, and then sprayed it pink with my air brush.  After that, I traced skullete on the top.  I smoothed out skullette using a viva papertowel.

I will add more pictures as soon as I download them from the camera.


3 comments:

Alexis Tanner Lane said...

This turned out great! And that is so cool you have an air brush for cakes! Thanks for letting me know about your cake. I'm putting it on my cake feature post tomorrow!

aggieam01 said...

Very cool cake!!

Emilee said...

My little girl is a bit on the young side for Monster high but looks to me like you hit the nail right on the head with this cake! Great Job!
Pinning for later!

Ps Im your newest follower!