Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Owl Have Another

Someone in our neighborhood had a baby girl that was turning 1.  She needed a cake for a photo shoot, and a cake with cupcakes for a party.


I really love how the owl photo shoot cake turned out.  It was one of the easier cakes I have done.




I used a domed metal bowl to cook my cake in.  Then, I did a thin layer of buttercream all over the cake.  I did the buttercream petal technique all over the cake starting at the bottom and working my way to the top with purple and pink icing to mimmick feathers.  I then added the eyes, beak and ears using colored marshmallow fondant.

The cake and cupcakes for the party were in a totally different color scheme.  I took the owls from the cupcake set and added them to the side of the cake.  They bought a clay owl to put on top of the cake that matched the colors perfectly. 









It was just a plan buttercream cake with piped owls on the sides.  Nothing to fancy about that, but it was cute.

No comments: