Tuesday, October 11, 2011

It's in the bag

I bought some tote bags on sale after Halloween last year to decorate and use as candy bags for the kids. I finally got around to decorating them with only a couple of weeks to spare. Nothing like the last minute. I used my silhouette to cut a template on freezer paper. You can purchase images from the silhouette store, or you can do what I did and just find images off of the internet. Sorry no images for this part. I then ironed it on to the bag.
After I got it ironed on the bag, I took some black acrylic paint and a sponge brush and dobbed paint onto the template. Don't paint on big strokes because that could pull up part of the template causing you to get paint where you really didn't want it to go.
And here is the finished product all ready to be filled and candy and goodies galore.

2 comments:

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Your bag turned out great. Love for you to link to Things I've Done Thursday, going on now until noon tomorrow!


http://bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com/2011/10/things-ive-done-thursday-6_12.html


Melanie
bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

annies home said...

love your bag so cute come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com