Monday, October 7, 2013

It's Hunting Season

My Dad's Birthday was back in September.  He likes to hunt, fish, raise cattle, work with his pecan trees, and generally just be outside. 

I decided for his birthday to make him a camo cake with some little additions on top.


I created little bullets out of fondant to put on the cake.  The bullets were a big hit because everyone wanted one.  I guess I should have made more.  The icing was buttercream colored to different camo colors. 

 
 
I put random blobs of each color on the side to make my camo pattern.  I then smoothed the whole cake with a viva paper towel.  After that, I added the border, wording and bullets to the cake.  It was a pretty simple cake to create.



3 comments:

Jill said...

Wow! I'm impressed that you made the camo pattern with buttercream! nice work!

Jill said...

Thanks for stopping by! I find that to get the best fondant covered cake make sure to level it before stacking, I freeze my cakes, and then ice them with butter cream. to get clean lines around the bottom of the cake, use a pizza cutter to trim your fondant. (normally I"ll put a butter cream boarder around the bottom, but I ran out of time with this one!)

Ilda said...

Great job on the cake! Love to see other cake crafters!