Thursday, May 8, 2014

February Cakes

I made two cakes in February.  Sorry it's taken me so long to post them.

My daughter turned 8 in February, and has been obsessed with Winx Club.  It's an older cartoon that is on Netflix.  She really wanted a Bloom Cake.  So, I got to work designing it.

 
 
     The inside is a chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream.  The outside is marshmallow fondant.  To get Bloom just right I cut out each color section and overlaid it on an image I had downloaded from the internet.  I then transferred them onto my cake and outlined them with black buttercream.
 
My mother also had a birthday in February.  She is a quilter so I ran with that theme.
 

 
     The cake was a white cake with buttercream icing which was then covered in fondant.  I colored the quilt pieces to maroon because that is my mom's favorite color.  I cut out numbers with a cookie cutter and sandwiched a lollipop stick in between.  All the maroon pieces were then detailed with a fondant tool I had. 
 

No comments: