Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cute as A Cupcake

Today happens to be my niece's birthday. She had a party this weekend so I decided to make her something special for the day. I made her a skirt with a matching shirt.


I got out some of Audrey's skirts to get an idea of how I would like to design my skirt. Then, I went to town. I decided I wanted a skirt that had a flat waist band in the front with elastic in the back. I just kind of winged my pattern. I got this fun fabric at Wal-Mart from the clearance bin. I made one skirt, and let Audrey try it on, and it was too big for my niece. So, I made another one. I don't know if it fits her, but it was smaller than my first attempt.


I decided that I needed a fun shirt to go along with my skirt. So, I did a search on the internet for cupcake images. I then took that image made an outline that I could use with my silhouette. This is my first project with my silhouette, and I am happy with how it turned out. I appliqued the fabric onto my shirt, and sewed around it to give it more staying power. I love how the fabric mimics the lines on a cupcake wrapper. I also decided to add a little bling for sprinkles on the top of the cupcake because what little girl doesn't love bling.

I hope she enjoys her outfit, and I plan to make a lot more in the future.

1 comment:

Jenn O'Reilly said...

Cute!! i love these little 'customized' shirts...makes me want some for me!!