Thursday, June 16, 2011

Glass-Etched Dish

I have seen this done on several craft blogs, but I can't remember which ones. It's kind of hard to remember when you're a blog-surfaholic.

My Memaw's birthday is coming up, and she is always taking food up to the church for fellowship meals. I thought I would come up with a surefire way to get her dish back.

The items I gathered for this project were a glass dish, contact paper and etching cream.

I used my silhouette to cut out the design into the contact paper. I then adhered it to the back to the dish, and applied the etching cream. I left mine on about 6 minutes.



It gave the surface a light etching. So, now my Memaw has a dish that can never accidentally be taken from someone else because her name will always be on it.



Next time I do something like this, I will reverse my image so that you can read the name through the dish.

I got my contact paper at Target in the cleaning supplies section, and I got the etching cream at either Hobby Lobby or Micheal's.

No comments: