Thursday, April 11, 2013

Giraffe Fun For Little One

Back in March, I made some cakes for a special little girl, my niece.  She turned 1.  So, of course we had to have a smash cake.  Mom says she's all crazy about giraffes.  So, that's where I started from.



This little cutie became the topper for the smash cake.  I made him using the tutorial from here.  It is in a different language.  You can translate it to English.  But you really don't need to the images are self explanatory.  The only thing I did differently, was his little knobbys.  I rolled some fondant onto some shortened toothpicks because I wanted them to stand up more than in the tutorial.



I also made a bigger cake for the big kids.  The pattern was made with fondant, and the rest is buttercream.

Hope you enjoy it.


13 comments:

Angela at A Typical English Home said...

Aw, so cute! You did a great job :)

(Visiting from the Inspiration Gallery link party).

Angela @ A Typical English Home

Rita said...

So darling! Thanks for sharing.

Jill said...

That giraffe is adorable Stephanie! You did a fabulous job!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Becca Moss said...

This is adorable! LOVE it!

Jill said...

I really like the way you did the big cake using buttercream for a base and fondant accents. The smash cake is too cute! :)

Chandra@The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen said...

So Adorable!!!! Thank you so much for sharing on Show Me Your Plaid Monday's!

Mandy Beyeler said...

Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday over at Sugar Bee Crafts - you were featured today!
--Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

SK said...

Your giraffe is so cute! In January, I made a farm animal cake for a one year old in our family. It is such a special way to be apart of their first birthday :)

Jill said...

Thanks so much for linking up at Much Ado About Monday at Huckleberry Love! This is a super cute idea and I'm hoping to make an elephant for my little girl's Birthday party this summer. Hope to see you next week :-)

Kate Griffin said...

So cute! Great job,
Kate

Pint Sized Baker said...

This is too cute! I bet the family loved it! Pinned this! Thanks for sharing these on Two Cup Tuesday at Pint Sized Baker I hope to see ya again on Monday night!

Kathy Shea Mormino, The Chicken Chick said...

Hi! I’m new follower of your blog and would like to invite you to join me at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop:
http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/04/clever-chicks-blog-hop-31-crayon-wreath.html

I hope you can make it!

Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino
The Chicken Chick

Yours in poultry,
Kathy Mormino
The Chicken ChickTM

Join me on Facebook
Follow my blog: The-Chicken-Chick.com

Back for Seconds said...

Oh my word! That giraffe is just the cutest thing! You did a wonderful job. Thank you so much for sharing your talent at the Back For Seconds Social - you're being featured tonight!