Thursday, June 6, 2013

It's Outta Here

Here is a cake I did for my brother who is a big Ranger fan.  I decided to do a jersey.  I asked my sis-in-law what his favorite jersey color was, and made my jersey that color.  This is made to look like the back of the jersey.  I used the number 37 because that is how old he was.  Truth be told his favorite player of all times for the Rangers is Nolan Ryan so we could have used 34 as well.


The cake is a strawberry cake with buttercream icing.  I then covered it in red marshmallow fondant.  I piped on the name and number using buttercream as well.  It was a big hit.

1 comment:

Susan@Organized31 said...

What a great gift for your brother! The cake turned out amazingly. I'd love if you'd come and share at Inspire Us Thursday at Organized 31. http://organized31.blogspot.com/2013/06/inspire-us-thursday-link-party-3.html